Mepilex® Border Flex
Nurse and Patient Preferred Brand1,3 Mepilex® Border Flex is an easy to use, all-in-one, hospital quality dressing featuring Safetac® technology.
The unique and proprietary Safetac® adhesive makes sure that your dressing can be changed without damaging your wound or skin around it, this makes dressing change as pain free as possible.1 9 out of 10 people prefer Safetac® compared to traditional adhesives.1
Special Flex-cuts are designed for a body in motion. Mepilex® Border Flex is designed for medium to highly draining wounds.
3.1in x 4in
Clinically proven to hurt less.1
Advanced technology creates a faster healing environment.2
- Flexible dressing features special Flex-cuts – designed for body contours: knees, elbows, shoulders, etc.
- Breathable dressing
- Ideal for medium to highly draining wounds
- Ideal for sensitive skin
- No additional fixation is needed for this dressing
- Can be worn for several days
- Protective, water resistant barrier keeps out dirt, bacteria and viruses†
How to Apply
- Clean the wound.
- Dry the surrounding skin thoroughly.
- Gels or ointments can be placed on the wound as desired, but the surrounding skin should be clean and dry and free of any ointment, lotion, etc, because Safetac® sticks best to clean, dry skin.
- Remove the release film.
- Apply the sticky side to the wound, with at least a ½ inch overlap of the wound pad to the surrounding skin all the way around the wound. Change the dressing when it begins to leak or when fully saturated with drainage.
- White R. A Multinational survey of the assessment of pain when removing dressings. Wounds UK, 2008.
- Compared to traditional dry-type gauze. Reference: Nature Publishing Group, Jan 20 1962, Vol 193
- Morris C, Emsley P, Marland E, Meuleneire F, White R. Use of wound dressings with soft silicone adhesive technology. Paediatric Nursing, April 2009, Vol21, No3:38-43
† Microbes larger than 25 nm
Join our mailing list
Receive the latest information on product offerings, receive coupons, news and more at home care tips.