Mepilex® Border Post-Op
Nurse and Patient Preferred Brand1,3 Mepilex® Border Post-Op is an easy to use, all-in-one, hospital quality dressing featuring Safetac® technology.
The unique and proprietary Safetac® adhesive makes sure that your dressing can be changed without damaging your wound or skin around it, this makes dressing change as pain free as possible.1 9 out of 10 people prefer Safetac® compared to traditional adhesives.1
Mepilex® Border Post-Op is designed for medium to highly draining surgical incisions and post-operative wounds.
4in x 8in
Clinically proven to hurt less. 1
Decreases post-operative blistering risk compared to traditional dressings. 4
Advanced technology creates a faster healing environment 2
- Breathable dressing
- Ideal for medium to highly draining wounds – try Mepilex® Border Lite 2in x 5in for smaller, less draining incisions and wounds
- Ideal for sensitive skin
- No additional fixation is needed for this dressing
- Can be worn for up to 7-days
- Protective, water resistant barrier keeps out dirt, bacteria and viruses †
How to Apply
- Clean the incision or wound.
- Dry the surrounding skin thoroughly.
- The surrounding skin should be clean and dry and free of any ointment, lotion, etc, because Safetac® sticks best to clean, dry skin.
- Remove the release films
- Apply the sticky side to the wound, with at least a ½ inch overlap of the wound pad to the surrounding skin all the way around the wound. Do not stretch the dressing during application. Change the dressing when it begins to leak or when fully saturated with drainage.
- White R. A Multinational survey of the assessment of pain when removing dressings. Wounds UK, 2008.
- Compared to traditional dry-type gauze. Reference: Nature Publishing Group, Jan 20 1962, Vol 193
- Morris C, Emsley P, Marland E, Meuleneire F, White R. Use of wound dressings with soft silicone adhesive technology. Paediatric Nursing, April 2009, Vol21, No3:38-43
- Bredow J et al. Randomized clinical trial to evaluate performance of flexible self-adherent absorbent dressing coated with silicone layer after hip, knee or spinal surgery in comparison to standard wound dressing. Poster presentation, EWMA 2016.
† Microbes larger than 25 nm
Join our mailing list
Receive the latest information on product offerings, receive coupons, news and more at home care tips.