Mepilex® Lite is a unique, customizable, absorbent dressing featuring Safetac® technology. Mepilex® Lite is preferred by nurses and patients because the proprietary Safetac® adhesive is designed to make dressing changes pain free.
Mepilex® Lite can be cut using clean scissors to fit your specific wound’s shape and size. The absorbent foam in Mepilex® Lite is superior to a gauze dressing because it can absorb and retain more drainage. This is important because leaking drainage can actually damage the skin around the wound.
4 in x 4 in
Clinically proven to hurt less. 1
Creates a faster healing environment. 2
- Breathable dressing
- Ideal for weepy, lightly draining wounds, abrasions, minor burns and foot and leg ulcers
- Ideal for sensitive skin – including management of radiation skin reactions, use under compression bandaging and protection around ostomies
- Up to a 7-day wear time
- White R. A Multinational survey of the assessment of pain when removing dressings. Wounds UK, 2008.
- Compared to traditional dry-type gauze. Reference: Nature Publishing Group, Jan 20 1962, Vol 193 Cross –Microbes larger than 25 nm
- Mustoe TA et al. International Clinical Recommendations on Scar Management. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, August 2002, Vol 110, No 2.
- Data on file
- Morris C, Emsley P, Marland E, Meuleneire F, White R. Use of wound dressings with soft silicone adhesive technology. Paediatric Nursing, April 2009, Vol21, No3:38-43
- Upton D et al. The impact of atraumatic vs conventional dressings on pain and stress in patients with chronic wounds. Journal of Wound Care, 2012.
- Silverstein P et al. An open, parallel, randomized, comparative, multicenter study to evaluate the cost-effectiveness, performance, tolerance, and safety of a silver-containing soft silicone foam dressing (intervention) vs silver sulfadiazine cream. J Burn Care Res. 2011 Nov-Dec;32(6):617-26
- Data on File
† Microbes larger than 25 nm
Join our mailing list
Receive the latest information on product offerings, receive coupons, news and more at home care tips.