Mepitac® soft silicone tape featuring Safetac® technology balances secure fixation with personal comfort during wear and removal. Mepitac® is preferred by nurses and patients because the proprietary Safetac® adhesive is designed to make dressing changes pain free.
Mepitac® can be cut to length using clean scissors. Mepitac® is used to provide gentle, secure fixation of tubing and dressings. If inspection or repositioning is needed, Mepitac® can be lifted and re-applied. Mepitac® is gentle and can be used on sensitive skin.
0.8 in x 3.3 yds
- White R. A Multinational survey of the assessment of pain when removing dressings. Wounds UK, 2008.
- Compared to traditional dry-type gauze. Reference: Nature Publishing Group, Jan 20 1962, Vol 193 Cross –Microbes larger than 25 nm
- Mustoe TA et al. International Clinical Recommendations on Scar Management. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, August 2002, Vol 110, No 2.
- Data on file
- Morris C, Emsley P, Marland E, Meuleneire F, White R. Use of wound dressings with soft silicone adhesive technology. Paediatric Nursing, April 2009, Vol21, No3:38-43
- Upton D et al. The impact of atraumatic vs conventional dressings on pain and stress in patients with chronic wounds. Journal of Wound Care, 2012.
- Silverstein P et al. An open, parallel, randomized, comparative, multicenter study to evaluate the cost-effectiveness, performance, tolerance, and safety of a silver-containing soft silicone foam dressing (intervention) vs silver sulfadiazine cream. J Burn Care Res. 2011 Nov-Dec;32(6):617-26
- Data on File
† Microbes larger than 25 nm
Join our mailing list
Receive the latest information on product offerings, receive coupons, news and more at home care tips.